To keep the idly and Dosa breakfast interesting, all you need is a bunch of chutney recipes. A little sauteeing and a good tampering being the key, we can simply play with the ingredients. Here is an interesting sweet & spicy onion chutney recipe for you to maintain your love for the holy Idly and Dosa 🙂
Ingredients to make Sweet & Spicy Onion Chutney:
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 a teaspoon
- cumin seeds: 1/2 a teaspoon
- Coriander seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Onions: 2
- Green chilis: 5
- Fenugreek seeds: 10
- Dry red chilis: 5
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Ingredients mentioned in TO SAUTE
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- Dry red chili
Method to make Sweet & spicy Onion chutney:
- Take a pan, heat some oil. To the oil, add some mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, green chilis and dry red chilis.
- Let the above sputter and add the roughly chopped onions.
- Saute all the ingredients till the onions are caramalised.
- Take aside and let cool.
- Its time to grind them all 🙂
- To the mixer, add in the sauteed ingredients along with salt, sugar, tamarind and coriander leaves. Make a smooth paste.
- Finish off with the tampering of mustard seeds, cumin, dry red chilis and curry leaves.
Sweet & spicy Onion chutney is now ready! Enjoy with Idly’s or Dosa for a great breakfast!