Jeera Buttermilk: Wouldn’t you be excited if the everyday buttermilk turns more tasty with just one ingredient?
You must have guessed already since the name reveals all the secrets. A teaspoon of nicely roasted jeera powder with a squeeze of lemon makes the boring buttermilk aromatic and tasty.
Try it out!
Ingredients required to make the very tasty jeera buttermilk.
Method to make Jeera powder:
Take a pan and dry roast cumin seeds of required quantity till they change colour and start popping. (you can make them even darker than the shown picture)
- Take out the roasted cumin aside and let it cool.
- Grind the cumin into a fine powder.
- Preserve it in an air tight container for further use.
Method To make Jeera Buttermilk:
- Whisk the curd and squeeze in half a lemon. Add water to get the required consistency and whisk again.
- Add a teaspoon of jeera powder.
- Add salt, once you add salt to taste, add in an extra pinch for a saltier taste
- Jeera buttermilk tastes great and gives a soothing feel after a heavy meal. The added cumin enhances the digestion and taste of the buttermilk.