Aloo Palak: When it comes to greens, I am a fan! Apart from making dals, sauteeing the Amaranthus, radish with its leaves my next favourite is Aloo palak. Not just its easy to make, its goes equally good with both rice and roti’s. If you havent tried this here is the aloo palak recipe for you 🙂
- Palak: Washed and chopped
- Potato/aloo: 3 boiled
- Onion: 1
- Tomato: 1
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1/2 a teaspoon
- Curry powder: 1 teaspoon
- Green chilis: 4
- Coriander leaves: handful, freshly chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin: 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/2 a teaspoon
- Turmeric: 1/2 a teaspoon.
Method to make Aloo Palak:
- Take a pan, heat some oil.
- To the pan, add in some mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them sputter.
- Once the mustard, cumin seeds sputter – add in the chopped green chilis and onions. Saute till translucent and add in the ginger garlic paste.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy. Its now time to add in the curry powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Once the onions and tomatoes look nice and cooked, add in the boiled- cubed potatoes. Add salt to taste.
- At last its time to add the palak that we have been holding all washed and chopped.
- Check for the salt and add some water. Let cook for few minutes and there we go Aloo Palak is now ready 😀
- Finish off with fresh chopped coriander!