If you are in a relationship and if you truly know the person you are gonna spend your life with, then you are truly lucky. But life has different plans for everyone, and this post is for those who gets the amazing opportunity to select their future partner after good observation through an Arranged Marriage.
When the hunt starts to get you into an arranged marriage, with it crawls along a lot of things, and this time is exactly when these thoughts pop in your head. Am I ever gonna get married ? Will I ever find that special someone? My life sucks!! and what not!
Now put a full stop to all these negative thoughts and take a quick look to help yourself.
1. Make sure you have a clear idea of what kind of a person you would want to spend your life with. Is it someone who is cool minded? Soft spoken? Respecting? Energetic? Yeah, take out your notepad and make a list. Because at the end you will get what you have been yearning for (wholeheartedly.
2 . Don't get convinced.
Love yourself more than anybody does and don't ever get convinced by anyone whose only goal is to get you married, no matter what! How about saying this to the convincing master "Hey, why don't YOU get married to him if you like him so much!!! Huh ! How was that?!!!
3. No, your parents are not your Enemies.
They might look/sound like that, when they try to convince you of something you don't like. But if you can communicate what you actually have in your mind then you will definitely see them supporting you.
So, that's all you have to do. Communicate! Instead, if you nod your head out of obligation, without taking a moment to think then prepare yourself for hell.
Because you are definitely going to regret!!
4 . Speak your heart out.
Say that you don't like him if you don't. Support yourself by explaining why you think this person isn't "the one". Don't worry about the efforts and time your parents are putting in to get you those matches. Your life and happiness are surely more important than that.
5. Talk Frankly.
Speak your heart out, and tell him how you would like to be treated, make sure you will be respected for what you are, what you do and for everything that matters to you. Respect isn't a one hand game, convey that he will get his share too.
6. Take your time To say Yes/ No. Don't rush, don't be too judgemental if you are not sure. Consider everybody's opinion but decide FOR YOURSELF.
7. Be Patient
Don't you underestimate yourself, young lady! You are more than you think you are and there will be that one person who gets you all! Miracles happen every day, wait for your turn.
8. Do not run for NRI's
Don't! At least, if his plans say he can't meet you an hour or so before marriage. People aren't exactly what they are on skype, phone calls. (conditions apply)
9. And when you say yes, make sure it's your decision. YOUR decision to spend the rest of your life with this person. Life is pretty long. Just reminding !!
10. Lastly, It's alright to be single and happy rather than compromising your life! So don't be in a rush, patience pays!