Raksha Bandhan, the day you tie the sacred knot on your brother’s wrist with the prayer for his happiness and prosperity. A knot that symbolizes your love for him.
So, I was thinking, wouldn’t it be super yummy if you make something special for him on this Raksha Bandhan with all your love?
Sure it would be. And here I am with an easy recipe of Kalakand for your lovely brother and lady, with all your love all you need to do is just keep stirring the milk. Easy isn’t it?
Let’s jump to the recipe to make Kalakand for your Bro – your Super Hero because yay, it’s Rakhi Tomorrow!!
Ingredients for Raksha Bandhan Special Dessert
- Paneer Crumbled: 100 grams
- Milk: 1 litre ( toned or full, I used toned milk)
- Sugar: 3 teaspoons
- Ghee: 1 teaspoon
- Dry fruits: To garnish
Method To make Kalakand Laddu
1.Take a thick bottomed vessel, pour the milk and keep stirring till its half of its volume. Always keep an eye on the vessel and keep stirring preferably on low flame.
2. Once the milk is half of its original volume, add in the crumbled paneer along with a spoonful of ghee.
3. Add sugar and keep stirring.
4. There will come a point where there will be no milk left. You will see crumbled panner like matter realising water. That is when you are almost done.
5. Let all the water evaporate, and you will be left with kalakand. Take out the kalakand and put it in a tray and let it set and cut into cubes. You can also make Laddus with the same.
Tip: if you are in a hurry you do not have to reach the last point where all the milk evaporates.. Once the milk is half its volume you can add sugar and paneer and cook for 2-4 minutes and switch off the flame. It would be a very tasty paneer kheer which is quick to make and easy to serve. Garnish with dry fruits and enjoy!