Be it the Idly or Dosa, none is a complete breakfast with out a great chutney on the side. And to take you a bit out of the box we have the very mouthwatering Onion chutney recipe that is different from the regular peanut chutney or Bengal Gram chutney you have been having all along.
Ingredients required to make Onion Chutney:
- Onions: 2 Roughly Chopped
- Green chilis: 5
- Ginger: Half inch
- Cumin seeds: Half a teaspoon
- Coriander seeds: Half a teaspoon
Add when Grinding:
- Tamarind: 1 and 1/2 inch ( to taste)
- Fresh coriander leaves: 1/2 a cup
- Curry leaves: few
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 a teaspoon
- To make the onion chutney, take a pan and heat some oil. Saute the chopped onions, green chilis, ginger, cumin and coriander seeds. Once the onions are transparent and well done take everything aside and let cool.
- Once the sauteed ingredients are cool enough to grind, add in the tamarind, fresh coriander leaves and salt to taste to make a smooth paste. Add water accordingly.
- For the tampering, heat some oil, add in the mustard seeds and few curry leaves. Let them sputter and add it to the chutney.
- The very tasty onion chutney is now ready. Tastes great when it is a bit on the spicy side. Adjust the tamarind and salt to taste.
- Serve with hot idlys or Dosa and all the compliments are yours 😀